Most of us are habitual of wearing aprons when it’s time to cook or do a bit of a house cleaning and surprisingly enough the action has become so much ingrained in our psyche that we even don’t have to think about it!
While manoeuvring your way through the daily home chores, an apron is your protective gear which saves your clothes from all sorts of cleaning and cooking onslaughts. They come in various design options which are stylish as well as affordable. There are many good companies which produce aprons as order [รับผลิตผ้ากันเปื้อน, which is the term in Thai] online and have some unique options to select from.
Apron history is loaded with many fun and interesting facts which you might not be aware of, let us have a look at these as under.
- Do you know from where the word apron originated from does? It has been traced back to its Indo-European lineage where it was called ‘mappa’ meaning a napkin, cloth or a towel.
- Are you aware, how earliest of the aprons looked like? They were simple cloth pieces which were tied by the strings around the waist.
- Any idea when did this humble piece of protective cloth started getting fancier? It was around 1500 that some artsy aprons begin to trend amongst the rich and wealthy. This might sound a little bizarre, but well to do people got their faces painted on their aprons.
- When did the humble looking apron rose to the status of a cultural icon in the United States? It was around the conclusion of World War II that apron gained its entry into the US households and became instantly favourite with the American homemakers. Subsequent years saw its growing popularity rising to the ranks of a cultural icon in the country.
- Do you know there was a sudden dip in their usage as well? The dawn of the 1960s saw a rise in the women empowerment movement which led to the hordes of women folk leaving their house to work outside. As a consequence, their involvement in the kitchen and household chores saw a sudden dip which eventually led to the decrease in the usage of aprons as well.
History of aprons is dotted with some interesting facts and it is always good to know about their journey which led them to us.
In current times many reputed companies produce aprons as order online- No wonder, you have a wide variety of stylish and affordable options to choose from.